The University of Michigan has installed 13 outdoor canopies around campus to provide individual students additional space for studying, rest, and eating between classes.
- Central Campus
- Michigan Union - North
- Michigan Union - South
- South Quad - North
- South Quad - East
- Palmer Field
- Ingalls Mall
- Angell Hall
- Weiser Hall
- North Campus
- Gerstacker Grove
- Walgreen Drama Center
- Duderstadt Center
- Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
Hours of Operation
Dates: 8/24/20 - 10/29/20
- Mon - Fri
- Aug 8am-8pm
- Sep 8am-7:30pm
- Oct 8am-6:30pm
- Sat - Sun/Holidays:
- Hours on weekend start at 12 noon
- Canopies are for individual use only and not schedulable, no gatherings, groups or parties.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the canopy with the exception of brief meal consumption.
- Six feet of social distance maintained at all times.
- Furniture should not be moved in order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Do not tamper with or alter the canopy structure.
- No consumption of alcohol.
- The MWireless WiFi network will be provided at all student canopies.
- Electrical power and lighting is not available in the canopies.
- Canopy capacities are set at 72 square feet/person
- Students are expected to use disinfecting wipes on table surfaces before and after use. Hand sanitizer is available in each canopy.
- Tables in each canopy are cleaned regularly by U-M staff each day of operation.
- Canopies will not be open for operation in inclement weather.
Canopy operations are subject to change, check this site for the most current information. Temporary canopy closures due to inclement weather will not be listed on this site.
Information updated Aug 30, 2020