While you might be wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day, you can still choose to stay true and stay blue. Here are some tips for having a fun weekend, while choosing to be safe and legal. "Staying in the Blue" means keeping your blood alcohol content (BAC) at .06 or below. A reminder that there are a lot of students who choose not to drink, and they are always in the blue.
- Expect Respect: GIVE it and GET it. Behave with integrity and consideration for others.
- Plan a safe, sober way home before the celebrations begin.
- Avoid walking around with open containers. It is illegal to be on public property with open containers of alcohol.
- Eat food (with protein) prior to and during the festivities and alternate non- alcoholic beverages with alcoholic beverages.
- Measure your own drinks. Avoid shots. Pace yourself.
- If impaired: use a taxi, call a sober friend or use public transportation.
- If a drunk driver is spotted on the road, don't hesitate to contact local law enforcement.
- Know the signs of an Alcohol Emergency and know what to do.
- Check out our Party Safe Tips.
- For more, go to: http://www.uhs.umich.edu/legal