Outdoor Adventures provides a variety of opportunities for students, faculty, staff and community members to explore, adventure and recreate in the outdoors.
- Our trips offer unique experiences to immerse yourself into the natural world
- Meet great people and develop new friendships through outdoor recreation
- Unless otherwise indicated our trips are appropriate for beginners and experienced campers
- Sign up for the trip, attend the pre-trip meeting, and relax! We'll take care of the rest.
- Our incredible trip leaders and staff take care of all planning, logistics, food, and contractor fees, so the only reason you may need cash is for food during travel.
Fall 2015 Trip Schedule (see Outdoor Adventures for details and to register)
September 13: Grand Ledge Climbing Day Trip
September 18 - 20: Manistee River Trail Backpacking
September 25: Intro to Camping at Radrick Rec Area (with optional overnight)
September 27: Grand Ledge Climbing Day Trip
October 2 - October 4: Sleeping Bear Dunes Backpacking
October 2 - October 4: Au Sable River Canoe Trip
October 16 - October 20: Pictured Rocks Backpacking
October 16 - October 20: Mammoth Caves and Red River Gorge
October 16 - October 20: Jay’s Trip - Backpacking Northern Michigan
October 24: Intro to Camping at Radrick Rec Area (with optional overnight)
Novermber 6 - November 8: Sleeping Bear Dunes Backpacking
Novermber 13 - November 15: Sleeping Bear Dunes Backpacking
General Trip Process
- Once you've signed up for a trip, your trip leaders will email you the necessary forms and confirm a pre-trip meeting date and time
- At the pre-trip meeting, trip leaders will collect medical forms and waivers, go over the general trip itinerary, review packing lists and then create a delicious menu!
- All food preferences and diet restrictions can and will be accomodated
- All gear (except for clothing, shoes and personal items) can be provided at no additional charge
- After all of this is taken care of, go out and enjoy the beautiful world around you!