Nearly 90 years old, the first university recreational sports facility in the country closed in April of 2015 to get back into shape. Student fees and U-M funding will transform the IMSB during a 15-month renovation.
The IMSB renovation project includes:
- Gymnasium floor replacement, improved racquetball courts
- More space for cardio and weight training, group exercise, new locker rooms, and new places for social interaction
- New fitness equipment
- Accessibility improvements
- Upgrade mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting, internet access – plus air-conditioning
- Exterior window replacement, stone and masonry repairs
We look forward to working with Integrated Design Solutions and RDG Planning and Design throughout the contruction project. We want to thank their teams, as well as Building a Better Michigan, and all voices involved that have gotten us to this point!
Visit our Photo Gallery to see more renovation renderings. If you have questions about the project, read more on our FAQ page or ask us directly. And, join the conversation on social media by tagging @umichrecsports and let us know your thoughts about the renovation with #umichrecfuture!
Hail to the future of fitness, wellness and recreation at IMSB!