Go Blue Box is a reusable takeout container program that offers a convenient way to grab food on-the-go from the University Club. More imporantly, it helps Univesity students, staff and faculty be greener Wolverines by reducing the number of containers sent to landfill. The program is in its pilot phase and is currently only offered at the U-Club in the Michigan Union. Go Blue Box was made possible by a grant from the Planet Blue Innovation Fund which enables students to launch sustainable projects on campus.
Getting your Go Blue Box is simple:
1. Register for the program at the Go Blue Box registration table at the entrance to the U-Club.
2. Pay a $5 refundable deposit for a clamshell and/or $3 for a soup container.
3. Fill up your Go Blue Box witha variety of delicious foods from the U-Club buffet.
4. Enjoy your food!
5. Return your Go Blue Box back to the U-Club during hours of operation
6. Exchange your box for a clean container or get your deposit refunded.