On behalf of the University of Michigan's Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) & Trotter Multicultural Center (TMC), we would like to invite you to volunteer at our upcoming annual Taste of Culture event. The 19th Annual Taste of Culture event will take place on Sunday, September 8th from 2PM - 6PM at the Trotter Multicultural Center (1443 Washtenaw Ave. off South University).
As a staple event for the University of Michigan and Ann Arbor communities, Taste of Culture welcomes new and returning students, faculty, staff and local Ann Arbor residents to experience a variety of cultural foods, live performances, raffle prizes, and family-friendly activities. The event is free of charge.
This year, we are in need of volunteers to assist with a variety of activities including the following:
- Food Servers (20): serve food samples to attendees
- Food Stockers (5): maintain food stations throughout the event
- Registration Table (4): sign-in volunteers & sponsors, pass out food vouchers & maps
- Talent Registration (1): sign in performers and direct them to the stage at the appropriate call time
- Raffle table (2): hand out raffle tickets & prizes
- Activities (3): assist with games and activities during the event
- Setup/Breakdown (5): assist the MESA/Trotter crew with setting up and breaking down the event
Note: The minimum shift for each volunteer is 2 hours. The quantities of volunteers are indicative of the minimum number of volunteers we need per 2 hour shift during our 4 hour event. We greatly appreciate volunteers who can stay to help longer, if possible.
If you are interested in volunteering, please register at: https://docs.google.com/a/umich.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDh6a1EzZlc2YnBRcEJ2LWdUVXF0WEE6MA#gid=0
Thank you in advance for your participation in making this event a great success!
To see a video of last year’s event, visit: http://youtu.be/nKjcUIRVXXw