The Leadership Engagement Scholarship aims to remove the cost barriers to extracurricular involvement at U-M by providing financial awards to a cohort of emerging and established student leaders with demonstrated need. Broad in nature, this fund supports both undergraduate and graduate student leadership in any and every avenue of campus life, such as but not limited to Fraternity & Sorority Life, student government, club sports, and performing arts.
The vision of those who created these funds was to realize a campus community in which all students are able to participate in the rich extracurricular life of Michigan. Any emerging or established student leader can apply for a scholarship; certain funds are designated for specific areas such as:
- Any student leader in LSA Student Government or Central Student Government who demonstrates financial need
- Any student working at the intersection of mental wellness and LGBTQ+ identity who demonstrates financial need
- A first-generation college student who serves in a student leadership position
- Maintain part-time or full-time enrollment at the University of Michigan during the semester(s) in which they receive the award
- Currently hold, or aspire to hold, a leadership role in a campus-based student organization.
To apply for a Leadership Engagement Scholarship, please complete this application including responding to 2 questions in the application (250 word maximum for each question).