Student Life facilitates an exceptional Michigan experience for all students by focusing on the development of the whole student. Student Life offers students the co-curricular support needed to be successful and well-rounded. Student Life offers a wide range of resources and programs that reflect a balanced Michigan experience, dedication to diversity, support for the next generation of leaders, and genuine community commitment. Giving to Student Life enriches every student’s experience by increasing the number and quality of resources offered by the various units. These units focus on improving students’ lives by targeting different areas of Student Life, including: University Unions, Recreational Sports, and Services for Students with Disabilities. Contributing to Student Life will allow students at University of Michigan to continue to receive enhanced student life experiences.
Why does U-M need my support EVERY year?
While endowment funds are earmarked both in how they can be used and when, Annual Gifts are funds that Student Life can use immediately and where needed most. Each academic year, the University faces unexpected challenges. Annual Gifts from donors like you are vital to ensure our ability to overcome obstacles and maintain the Michigan difference.
Your gift to Student Life supports the Fund for Student Life. Annual gifts to Student Life are directed to where the need is greatest. The Vice President for Student Life can use your vital gifts to meet unexpected challenges and ensure that all students have a dynamic student experience. As support for student life increases, our ability to rapidly address change will enhance as well. The Fund for Student Life is a powerful way for you to annually commit to supporting Student Life.Leadership Gifts to Student Life will:
- Help attract the best and the brightest students to Michigan through our scholarships
- Expand student learning experiences, beyond our current reach, in the areas of leadership education, community engagement, healthy living and social change
- Support students in their career preparation
- Enhance our Student Life facilities
There are many ways you can give to Student Life:
Annual Giving- A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts- Gifts of cash, securities or "gifts in kind" make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to Student Life.
- Planned Giving- A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
We would be happy to talk about any of these options with you.
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
How to Make Your Gift:
Online Giving - Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
Support Student Life by giving to:
- Blavin Scholars Program
- Campus Information Center
- Career Center
- Center for Campus Involvement
- Counseling & Psychological Services
- Dean of Students
- Ginsberg Center
- Greek Life
- InterGroup Relations
- International Center
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs/Trotter Multicultural Center
- Office of Student Conflict Resolution
- Office of the Vice President
- Ombuds Office
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center
- Spectrum Center
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Life Research
- Recreational Sports
- Student Legal Services
- University Health Service
- University Unions
- WCBN - Student Run Radio
- William DeHart Hubbard Memorial Scholarship
Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind- Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind. Matching Gifts- Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution .
We’re here for you!
We’re passionate about connecting donors with Michigan. We welcome questions about Annual Giving and hearing from you about your reason for participating. If there’s something specific you’d like to support and you don’t see it on our communications, please contact us. We’ll help you get your donation to the right place.
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact:
Parent & Family Giving and Student Life
Mobile: (734) 272-9498
Student Life Office of Development
Associate Director of Development
Assistant Director of Development
Student Life – Office of Development
9027 Wolverine Tower
3003 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288
Phone: (734) 647-7309
Fax: (734) 647-6100