The Role of the Participant
You will identify something you are passionate about and create a vision and action plan to help share that idea with friends, campus, the community, and the world. You will learn how to lead with integrity through a variety of fun and educational experiences. You will leave with the tools to effectively implement this vision and lead differently.
As a participant, you will:
- Become more self-aware of your leadership potential
- Incorporate ethics and personal values in decision making processes
- Recognize and build on the power of teamwork
- Create and implement a long-term vision for positive change.
- Analyze group dynamics in order to maximize individual talents
- Identify important personal values in connection with personal purpose
- Gain a greater awareness of their own leadership and communication style
- Create and map a vision plan
Want proof? Watch this!
Here’s what you need to know before the LeaderShape® Institute:
1. The program runs from approximately 8:00 am in the morning until 12:00 a.m. each day. Don’t plan on lots of free time. Participants are expected to stay at the conference site at all times.
2. The week is alcohol free—that means no drinking at anytime for students or faculty. The week is simply too important to allow drinking to be an issue.
3. Dress is casual except for business casual for a guest leader event on day 3. On the second day, you’ll participate in an outdoor challenge course, so be sure and bring one set of “grubby” clothes (including long pants, socks, and athletic or closed-toe shoes) for that activity.
4. Transportation to and from the conference site will be by bus from the UM campus. All students will be expected to depart from the UM campus by bus.
5. All of your meals, lodging, and materials are taken care of so there’s no need to bring extra money.
Dates and Location
University of Michigan LeaderShape® participants have an opportunity to attend one of two sessions in 2015:
Session 1, March 2 - 7 or Session 2, May 4 - 9. Session 1 will take place at Camp Michigania located in Boyne City, MI. Session 2 will take place at The Holley Institute located in Brooklyn, MI.
Participants and facilitators are expected to stay throughout the six days; food and lodging are provided. Transportation is also provided to and from the conference center at the start and end of the program.
Apply to be a Participant
Registered students of UM – Ann Arbor may apply to participate.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the application deadline. To apply, follow the link below to the LeaderShape, Inc. national website; you will be asked to create a profile, if you do not already have one. After creating a profile, you’ll be able to apply – you can choose to apply to a specific session, or to both. Apply today today! If interested after 4/17 please email LeaderShape@umich.edu with interest.
Questions? Contact us at LeaderShape@umich.edu