U-M Planet Blue Guiding Principle
We will pursue energy efficiency and fiscally-responsibly energy sourcing strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions toward long-term carbon neutrality.
- All of Housing’s renovations exceed ASHRAE energy standards by 30%.
- University Unions have dramatically reduced electrical, water and steam costs.
- Across Student Life, divisions are using LED bulbs wherever possible.
- With the use of motion sensors, insulation and other methods, Recreational Sports has decreased their energy usage and their CO2 emissions.
- All of Michigan Dining renovations are engineered with sustainability as a top priority.
- Bikes are available for rent through the Blue Bikes program managed by Recreational Sports in collaboration with other campus units.