U-M Planet Blue Guiding Principle
We will pursue stakeholder engagement, education, and evaluation strategies toward a campus-wide ethic of sustainability.
- 100% of Michigan Dining Workspaces are Planet Blue Platinum Sustainable certified .
- 95% of Michigan Dining staff are certified Planet Blue Ambassadors.
- 22 Student Life organizations have Planet Blue certified workspaces.
- Student Life collaborates with two SNRE classes by sponsoring projects and offering Student Life facilities and learning laboratories for sustainability research.
- Student Life partners with the Washtenaw Local Food Summit, Earthfest and Food Day to help educate the community about sustainability initiatives.
- Student Life partners with Agrarian Adventures and Huron High School to raise awareness of sustainability issues within the Ann Arbor Community.
- Student Life has partnered with the School of Public Health, the Graham Institute, and the Office of Campus Sustainability in a myriad of projects designed to facilitate community awareness and support of sustainability initiatives.
- A dedicated position, the Director of Student Life Sustainability and Student Engagement position, has been created to lead Student Life’s Sustainability efforts.
How You Can Make A Difference, Too!