U-M Planet Blue Guiding Principle
We will pursue land and water management toward improving the health of ecosystems and communities, protecting the Huron River water quality.
- Housing and University Unions use Aqueous Ozone Custodial services, eliminating the need for many cleaning chemicals.
- With the participation of Central Student Government, 11 residence halls, all University Unions buildings, and several Recreational Sports buildings have water refill stations.
- All first year students are given BPA-free, reusable water bottles.
- When it comes time to replace fixtures, low-flow fixtures are used.
- We use Energy Star certified appliances ovens, grills, coolers, freezers, fryers, washers, driers & more.
How You Can Make A Difference, Too!
Go to: Energy - Waste - Community - Food - Water