For students, COVID-19 testing is readily available on the Ann Arbor campus at no cost. University testing options have ample capacity, so your students should be able to get tested with ease.
U-M is using a multi-tiered testing strategy to help protect our community and slow the spread of the virus on campus, which includes:
- Pre-arrival testing
- Asymptomatic testing and mandatory testing
- Symptomatic testing
- Departure testing
The Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP) offers testing 6 days/week open to any student - including students who are required to complete weekly testing - and who have no symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.
University Health Service (UHS) offers testing 7 days/week for students with symptoms, close contacts and exposures. Students can conveniently self-schedule COVID-19 testing appointments:
- Through CSTP
- Through the UHS patient portal unless they have moderate or urgent symptoms, in which case they should call UHS for an assessment
All positive test results will be tested for COVID-19 variants.
UHS also provides:
- Flu shots at no out-of-pocket costs to students (highly recommended)
- Nurse Advice by phone 24/7
- Comprehensive health care services, including telehealth services and mental health services
- Wolverine Wellness services, including Wellness Coaching and Collegiate Recovery Program
The university is ready and able to help your student test for COVID-19.