August 13: Summer Classes End
August 14: Study Day
August 15-16: Summer Examinations
August 23: Early Move-In
August 27-31: Student Move-In
September 3: Fall Classes Begin
September 23: Drop/Add Deadline for all Full Term classes (no “W” received)
October 14-15: Fall Study Break
November 27 (5pm): Thanksgiving Recess, classes resume December 2 (8am)
Sunday, August 25 - Monday, August 26: Early move-in for residence halls
Tuesday, August 27 - Friday August 30: Official move-in dates
The full move-in schedule can be found on the Housing website.
Saturday, August 31 - Monday, September 2: This year's theme is "a new beginning...a continuing tradition". Below is a sampling:
- Thursday, August 29th: Convocation Dinner -- Michigan League: 5-6:30pm
- Thursday, August 29: New Student Convocation -- Crisler Center: 7pm
- Sunday, September 1: Rec Sports Expo -- Palmer Field, 11am-2pm
- Monday, September 2: Pre-Class Bash, -- Palmer Field, 7pm-10pm
- Sunday, September 8: 19th Annual Taste of Culture -- William Monroe Trotter Multicultural Center, 2pm - 6pm
Other Calendars and Dates:
The academic calendar, student registration deadlines, early registration and textbook calendars can all be found at the Office of the Registrar's website.
Monday, Sept 10: Last day to purchase Tuition Refund Insurance for fall semester
Monday, Sept 24: Last day to enroll for installment payment option for Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan (the plan can be purchased at any time, however the option to make installment payments is not available after the 9-24 deadline)
October 18-20: Parents & Family Weekend 2013
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.