Parents & Family Weekend is just around the corner! Start planning your trip to Ann Arbor because events will take place October 4-6, 2019. The weekend coincides with University of Michigan’s Homecoming Weekend, making it extra exciting!
In case you need any more convincing, here are a few additional reasons to get this on the calendar.
1. Spend quality time with your student
Give your student the opportunity to proudly show you around their campus. This is also a good opportunity to check-in with your student. How are they doing academically? Socially? How are they taking care of themselves? Talking with your student throughout the weekend may allow you to reinforce good habits and/or connect them to campus resources.
2. Attend a U-M extracurricular event
This year families have the opportunity to purchase tickets to attend:
- The family tailgate and football game vs Iowa on Saturday, October 5 at noon
- Center for Campus Involvement Presents: Dueling Pianos on Saturday, October 5 at 7:00 PM
- Brunch with the Dean of Students on Sunday, October 6 at 9:00 AM
3. Learn about your student’s academics
This weekend is a great opportunity to learn more about your student’s academic interests and program. You may be able to:
- Attend a reception or presentations to learn about the program and opportunities such as internships or studying abroad
- Take a tour of facilities or research labs
- Meet faculty and administrators and ask any questions
Please check the Friday schedule to see if your student’s school or college is hosting an event.
No matter your top reason, consider spending the weekend with us -- We look forward to seeing you!
For more information:
- See Parents & Family Weekend website
- Email email@example.com
- Call the Dean of Students Office at 734-764-7420
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.