Congratulations to the Class of 2015 – and to their parents and families! The University of Michigan graduation ceremony will be held Saturday, May 2, at 10:00 a.m. in the Michigan Stadium. Ari Weinzweig and Paul Saginaw, Co-Founders and CEOs of Zingerman’s Community of Business will deliver the commencement address.
Enjoy the Day - Plan Ahead for Commencement:
- Commencement will be held in the stadium regardless of weather
- No purses, bags, wristlets, or cases of any size are allowed in Michigan Stadium.
- Michigan Stadium gates open (Gates 2, 4, 8, 9, 10) at 8:00 a.m. - all graduates, family members and guests are required to have tickets.
- Graduating students must wear a cap and gown.
- Graduates assemble at the northeast side of Michigan Stadium at 8:00 a.m. (see map)
- Graduate procession into stadium starts at 8:45 a.m.
- Spring Commencement ceremony begins at 10 a.m. and ends at approximately 11:45 a.m.
- For those who can’t attend the ceremony, spring commencement will be streamed live through the U-M website, and will also be broadcast on Comcast channel 22 in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area.
- Several college or program-specific events will be held throughout the weekend.
- Due to limited parking near Michigan Stadium, we encourage guests to use the complimentary shuttle service to and from area hotels and parking lots. Service will begin at 7:45 a.m. and will run approximately every 20 minutes until 9:45 a.m. Buses will resume operation at the end of the commencement ceremony.
For all details, visit U-M’s official Commencement Website.
Navigating Ann Arbor
Graduation weekend in Ann Arbor is a busy, exciting time. Ann Arbor hotels and restaurants quickly become filled with graduates and their families. Essential resources to help you plan ahead include:
- The Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau website to find out about local hotels and restaurants.
- Parking and transportation options before you arrive on campus.
- Live traffic updates using Google maps.
- Call or visit Campus Information with your campus/Ann Arbor questions at (734) 764-INFO. They are open 19 hours every day and ready to answer your questions.
University Unions has options to help "cap off" your special day!
- Commencement Brunch at the Michigan Union featuring an array of elegant entrees, salads, breakfast items, desserts and more. The buffet brunch will take place on Saturday, May 2, immediately following the ceremony. Reservations required!
- Michigan Memories Reception, a walk through the pictorial display in the Michigan Union art lounge, featuring noteworthy headlines from the Michigan Daily during the graduates' years at U-M. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Host Your Own Celebration on Campus with a reception, lunch, or dinner at one of the three distinctive unions at the University of Michigan. For more information call (734) 764-8837 or visit the catering website.
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.