You’re invited to join us on campus for Parents & Family Weekend on October 4-6, 2019. An exciting program is planned just for you! Here is your chance to experience all that the University of Michigan has to offer, spend time with your student, and have the opportunity to see what college life is like at U-M.
Now is a great time to start planning for your visit during Parents & Family Weekend.
It's important to reserve your accommodations soon because hotels in the Ann Arbor area fill very quickly on home football game weekends. Of note, October 5, 2019, is also Homecoming, when many alumni return to campus. These events were planned for the same weekend due to a unique set of scheduling circumstances.
For your convenience, hotel rooms have been blocked with special rates. You can:
- See hotel options with block rates at:
- Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau website
- Hotels near the Metro Detroit Airport, about a 30-minute drive from campus. Several hotels will have shuttle buses available during the weekend.
- Call the hotel of your choice and request a room at the Parents & Family Weekend rate.
- See also Travel & Accommodations for more information
Registration dates will be announced soon on the Parents & Family Weekend website, so please visit the site and plan to register as soon as possible.
To prepare for registration, you may want to get familiar with weekend events. The events page will be updated throughout the spring and summer as more events are developed, so check back frequently. Some highlights include:
- College & school receptions
- Presentations from various student services
- Art & museum exhibits
- Parents & Family Weekend Tailgate
- Michigan vs. Iowa football game
- G-Fest: student performance group showcase
- Brunch with the Dean of Students
- And much more!
Football tickets can be purchased through Parents & Family Weekend Registration, however, we get a very limited number of tickets, which sell out quickly. If football is a priority for your family, consider finding other opportunities to purchase tickets like directly from Athletics through mgoblue.com or third-party sites like StubHub. Football ticket sales through Athletics for the non-season ticket holders become available for purchase in summer.
For more information, see Parents & Family Weekend.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call 734-764-7420.
We are excited to welcome you to campus in October!
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.