Recreational Sports reopened its three comprehensive recreation facilities on Monday, September 28 after being closed for six months due to the pandemic under the executive order from the State of Michigan.
A number of changes were made to ensure the safety and cleanliness of the recreation spaces. Your student and other Recreational Sports members are required to make reservations to work out and to swim, face coverings are required while working out, and facilities are operating at decreased capacities and hours to allow for increased cleaning during the day.
Other modifications include:
- Cardio and strength equipment physically distanced at 10 feet apart; selectorized and some cardio equipment can now be found on gymnasium courts in CCRB and NCRB
- Floors in strength, stretching and some racquetball areas have been marked to allow for physically distanced activities
- Added plexiglass barriers to Welcome Center desks
- Increased locations for disposable wipes for user cleaning
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations
- Increased staffing levels for cleaning
- PPE and required health screenings for all employees
A new U-M Rec Sports app has been created to allow for contactless entry to the facilities, make facility and pool reservations, find building hours and more. Facility and pool reservations will be available starting Friday, September 25. Download the app by searching for “UM Rec Sports” in the iPhone App Store or the Google Play Store for Android.
Indoor programming, indoor rentals, and all court activities such as basketball, volleyball, badminton, squash, racquetball, etc. will be unavailable in this initial phase of reopening.