Parents and Families

Michigan Students in the Travel Abroad Program

As many students prepare to enjoy a well deserved break later this month, university officials remind parents about two important resources for students traveling abroad — the U-M Travel Registry and the U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance.

To register international travel with the University, students simply log in to Wolverine Access, click on Travel Registry and enter the information requested about their trip. By using the U-M Travel Registry, students help the university respond to emergency situations abroad in which students may need assistance.

For university-sponsored trips abroad, students are required to register their travel in the U-M Travel Registry and purchase the Travel Abroad Health Insurance available from UHS. This health insurance is extremely affordable, costing only $1.25 for each day of travel and a $5 administrative fee, and is also available for leisure travel. Instructions on how to purchase international health insurance are available at the UHS website.

Learn more about the U-M Travel Registry and  U-M Travel Abroad Health Insurance.

Please consider making a gift to the Student Life.

Winter 2012 Newsletter

No articles found