Congratulations to the Class of 2016 – and to parents and families! The University of Michigan graduation ceremony will be held Saturday, April 30, at 10:00 a.m. in the Michigan Stadium. Michael Bloomberg, internationally known business leader and statesman, will deliver the commencement address.
Enjoy the Day - Plan Ahead for Commencement:
- Commencement will be held in the stadium regardless of weather
- No purses, bags, wristlets, or cases of any size are allowed in Michigan Stadium.
- Michigan Stadium gates open (Gates 2, 4, 8, 9, 10) at 8:00 a.m. - all graduates, family members and guests are required to have tickets.
- Graduating students must wear a cap and gown.
- Graduates assemble at the northeast side of Michigan Stadium at 8:00 a.m. (see map)
- Graduate procession into stadium starts at 8:45 a.m.
- Spring Commencement ceremony begins at 10 a.m. and ends at approximately 11:45 a.m.
- For those who can’t attend the ceremony, spring commencement will be streamed live through the U-M website, and will also be broadcast on Comcast channel 22 in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area.
- Several college or program-specific events will be held throughout the weekend.
- Due to limited parking near Michigan Stadium, we encourage guests to use the complimentary shuttle service to and from area hotels and parking lots. Service will begin at 7:45 a.m. and will run approximately every 20 minutes until 9:45 a.m. Buses will resume operation at the end of the commencement ceremony.
For all details, visit U-M’s official Commencement website.
Navigating Ann Arbor
Graduation weekend in Ann Arbor is a busy, exciting time. Ann Arbor hotels and restaurants quickly become filled with graduates and their families. Essential resources to help you plan ahead include:
- The Ann Arbor Area Convention and Visitors Bureau website to find out about local hotels and restaurants.
- Parking and transportation options.
- Live traffic updates using Google maps.
- Call or visit Campus Information with your campus/Ann Arbor questions at (734) 764-INFO. They are open 19 hours every day and ready to answer your questions.
University Unions has options to help "cap off" your special day!
- Michigan Memories Reception, a walk through the pictorial display in the Michigan Union art lounge, featuring noteworthy headlines from the Michigan Daily during the graduates' years at U-M. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Host Your Own Celebration on Campus with a reception, lunch, or dinner at one of the three distinctive unions at the University of Michigan. For more information call (734) 764-8837 or visit the catering website.
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.