Did you know that 32% of UM students who entered the College of Literature Science and the Arts in Fall 2014 indicated an interest in pursuing a health-related profession?
Advise Stream provides pre-med students of all class years a framework to stay organized throughout the application process. Through AdviseStream your student can:
- Investigate possible health careers
- Plan, track, and reflect on courses, research, and co-curricular activities
- Map science, math, and behavioral science courses to the new MCAT 2015 test
- Organize supporting materials to share with those writing reference letters
- Develop a list of target schools based on their chosen criteria, and see admissions statistics for past U-M applicants
- Record progress in a way that mirrors the medical school application (AMCAS & AACOMAS)
- Keep track of primary and secondary applications, manage interviews and admissions offers
A one-time $100 registration fee ensures access to AdviseStream until 18 months post graduation. Fee waivers are also available for qualifying students.
The Career Center offers many additional resources for students interested in medical school, including:
- Med App Ctools site coaching students through the intricacies of the application process
- WolverineDocs Network facilitating communication between pre-medical students and UM grads enrolled in or recently graduated from medical school
- Volunteering, employment, and gap year resources helping students demonstrate that they possess the necessary personal traits and experiences to thrive in medical school
And whether your student is pre-med or interested in other fields, encourage them to schedule an appointment in the Career Center to discuss their plans.
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.