How to Make Your Gift
We have provided information on how you can make your gift below. In addition, please feel free to call us anytime if you need assistance.
- Online giving- Use our simple and secure online form to make a gift right now using your credit card.
- Cash, Securities, Gifts in Kind- Find out how to give by mail, transfer or payroll deduction. Discover the advantages of gifts of securities and the opportunity for gifts in kind here [http://www.giving.umich.edu/guide/index.php?page=cash].
- Matching Gifts- Take an extra moment to see whether your employer will leverage your giving with a matching contribution [http://www.giving.umich.edu/guide/index.php?page=matching].
Why Give to Support Student Affairs Research
Annual Gifts are imperative because funds raised through Annual Giving can be used to meet the immediate research needs of the Division of Student Affairs
Why does U-M need my support EVERY year?
While endowment funds are earmarked both in how they can be used and when, Annual Gifts are funds that Student Affairs Research can use immediately and where needed most. Each academic year, the University faces unexpected challenges. Annual Gifts from donors like you are vital to ensure our ability to overcome obstacles and maintain the Michigan difference.
Your gift to the Student Affairs Research supports:
- Direct, in the moment studies of college students.
- Studies of trends in future students, allowing us to better educate the students of tomorrow.
- Leadership in national studies of students, including making sure that what we learn from our students is a high level national priority
Giving Opportunities How does U-M solicit for gifts?
Alumni and friends are contacted via mail, email, and Telefund, U-M’s student telephone fundraising program. Michigan is a big place, so you may be contacted by the general Annual Giving office or by someone at a school, college, or unit on campus. As a whole, we strive to make giving to the University and allocating your gift to the area you wish as simple as possible. So when you are contacted remember you can support student life no matter who reaches out to you.
There are many ways you can give to Student Research:
- Annual Giving- A fund that is put to use where most needed within a fiscal year.
- Outright Gifts- Gifts of cash, securities or “gifts in kind” make an immediate impact. Gifts in kind include artwork, books and equipment that may be useful to Studetn Affairs Research.
- Planned Giving- A giving strategy that allows you to make a meaningful charitable contribution while possibly enhancing you and your family’s future financial well-being.
- Bequests-One of the simplest ways to give, you can leave a gift from your estate within your will.
We would be happy to talk about any of these options with you.
We’re here for you!
We’re passionate about connecting donors with Michigan. We welcome questions about Annual Giving and hearing from you about your reason for participating. If there’s something specific you’d like to support and you don’t see it on our communications, please contact us. We’ll help you get your donation to the right place.
To speak to us about giving opportunities please contact: