Student Life Assessment and Research conducts research for the Division of Student Life. Student Life Assessment and Research is a resource for many University of Michigan departments and units for such tasks as the creation of assessment tools, data collection, dissemination of results, and expanding our knowledge about UM students. Primarily, the activities of Student Life Assessment and Research focus on the following areas:
- Gathering and disseminating information regarding U-M students, and
- Serving as a consultant to those U-M departments and units within and outside of Student Life who engage in research and assessment on U-M students, particularly regarding student life issues.
The long term vision for Student Life Assessment and Research includes:
- Implementation of a conceptual research design which includes both longitudinal and cross-classification research.
- Regular collection of student opinion data concerning current issues, and
- Sharing information about students with a larger audience in order to help the University better educate these students.