Access, Transparency & Trust
See how to get involved and have your voice heard.
Add your voice
Student Life houses nationally recognized exemplary programs in social justice education and diversity, equity and inclusion student advocacy and support initiatives.
Strengthen, Innovate, Assess, Enhance & Engage
Our strategic priorities to improve diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) at Michigan are summarized in the framework of Strengthen, Innovate, Assess, Enhance and Engage. Over the next five-years we are committed to robust and strategic investment in:
- Strengthening existing advocacy, support and education and first year experience (FYE) programs for students, improving partnerships with schools and colleges, and building the Trotter Multicultural Center on State Street
- Encouraging innovation with pilot initiatives to develop global and inclusive student mindsets
- Improving assessment capacity to ensure our work is high-impact
- Facilitating broad and diverse student engagement with our efforts
- Enhancing current staff skills and awareness, while developing inclusive hiring practices and building equitable onboarding for all new team members