The Student Advisory Board provides advice on pressing student issues to the Vice President for Student Life. Biweekly meetings throughout the academic year encourage discussion on new initiatives and emergent issues. The Board’s recommendations help to influence Student Life goals, services, and overall effectiveness.
- The Board is composed of a diverse group of both undergraduate and graduate students. All students on the Board are selected through an application and interview process.
- The Vice President for Student Life and the Student Life Staff liaison to the board will be present at the Orientation Retreat and all subsequent meetings.
- Additional individuals from across the University may attend as invited guests.
- One year renewable terms (September - August).
- Every year the Board holds a mandatory Orientation Retreat in September or early October. The 2022 retreat date and location is to be determined. Topics which students would like to address over the course of the year will be discussed at the retreat.
- Meetings will occur every three weeks on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-7:00 PM, the first one taking place very shortly after the Orientation Retreat. Meetings run from September-April.
- Regular participation in the Board’s activities will be essential if it is to be effective. Therefore, if an individual misses more than two meetings, they may be dismissed from the Board.
- Minutes from meetings will be shared via Google Drive for members to view, including any presentations or proposals presented to the group.
- The application process for the 2022-23 Advisory Board has begun.
- Applications are due April 1, 2022.
- Interviews will take place between April 5-14.
Have questions? Let us know! Please address any inquiries to email@example.com.