Navigating a large campus such as the University of Michigan's, which at last count hosted 584 buildings, can be a daunting experience. Never fear, U-M has a variety of resources, including those found at Campus Information, to make the Wolverine experience a breeze.
To kick off the first two days of classes, Campus Information has recruited friendly staff members and students to be stationed at "Ask Me!" Info Stations throughout central and north campus to answer any questions students have and get them to where they need to go. So, if your student isn't quite sure where their classes are or what bus route to take on those first two days, tell them to look for an Info Station and they will get the help they need.
Other Campus Information resources commonly used:
- Happening@Michigan - This campus calendar comprises all events happening on campus at a given time. Search by interest, day, week and month-at-a-glance to experience all U-M has to offer. The majority of events are free, but check the calendar for specific details.
- Acronym Decoder - Like every university, acronyms abound at U-M. Not sure what all the acronyms mean? Try visiting the decoder!
- Interactive Campus Map - Need help navigating campus? Start with the interactive campus map which can also be accessed through the mobile Michigan App.
Here's how to get your other questions answered:
- Tweet a Question: Questions about parents weekend, how the meal plans work, where to park, or where one of our 584 buildings are located can be answered in a snap. Just tweet the question with the hashtag #AskUmich included or @umichcampusinfo. A quick answer will be on its way.
- Chat With Us - Campus Info also offers an active chat service staffed from 7:30 a.m. until midnight every day.
- Stop by the Campus Information desks - While in town, stop by the information desk in the Michigan Union on Central Campus or Pierpont Commons on North Campus to have any informational needs met.
- Email at email@example.com or call 734-764-INFO 7 a.m. - 2 a.m. Monday - Saturday and 8:30 a.m. - 2 a.m. on Sundays during the academic year.
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.