It may surprise you to know that job and internship recruitment activities will begin as soon as your student arrives on campus for Fall semester 2019.
The University Career Center offers many opportunities for students to learn about various internships and jobs, and many of these take place early in the Fall semester. During upcoming events, students can engage with different employers to discuss opportunities for all majors.
Please encourage your student to attend any of these important 2019 Fall semester recruitment events:
- Consulting & Finance Career Fair: Friday, September 6. More than 30 employers who hire for roles in consulting and finance will attend. All undergraduate students interested in work related to consulting and finance are encouraged to attend.
- Meet the Interns: Wednesday, September 18, 5-7 pm on the Diag. This event helps students prepare for a strong and effective internship search. Students connect with other U-M students to learn about their past internship experiences and get the inside scoop on the hiring process. This is a casual and relaxed event - no employers will be present and casual dress is recommended. Plus there will be plenty of free food, treats, and swag!
- Fall Job and Internship Fair: Wednesday, October 2 and Thursday, October 3. This is the largest career fair that the University Career Center hosts annually. More than 180 organizations attend each year to meet candidates for both internships and full-time opportunities. Employers from all industries across the US will attend, which maximizes the number of organizations with which your student can meet.
- Actuarial Career Expo: Wednesday, September 18. This is a great opportunity for students to connect with 20+ firms from across the country.
- Law Day: Thursday, September 26. Students can connect with representatives from law school programs.
- International Opportunities Fair: Wednesday, October 30. Students can meet with organizations offering internship, volunteer, teaching and work abroad opportunities.
Many other recruitment events take place on campus to help students prepare to engage with employers and find a job or internship. For more information, your student can:
- Visit Handshake
- See the University Career Center website
- Visit Hire Blue for recruiting events that are geared towards particular majors/disciplines
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.