MDining’s nine dining halls will be back up and running to provide nutritious, delicious food for your returning UM student this fall, with some added changes to keep them safe and healthy. It will be the same great, health-conscious food your student has enjoyed, with some new protocols in place.
- Your students may continue to choose from popular foods, as well as a range of vegetarian and vegan items, kosher and halal foods, and gluten-free options, through service models enhanced for physical distancing and de-densification.
- Initially halls will open in phases during the first 4 weeks of the semester with reduced capacities to facilitate physical distancing that accounts for the latest guidance from local and national public health officials.
- By downloading the GET app, Meal Plan holders will be able to pick up great tasting takeout meals at nine convenient MDining To Go locations across campus.
- Students may also choose the option to reserve an available time to eat in the Dining Halls.
- New physical barriers and engineering controls -- so all foods may be safely served by staff (no student self-service) -- will be in place and kitchen areas will be protected.
- Retail and residential units will include procedures to ensure CDC capacity guidelines and directional signage.
- Students may use the GET My Card barcode option to enter the dining hall in a contactless fashion.
More details to come. Please visit MDining’s website for the most current information.