Parents & Family Weekend is just around the corner! It takes place November 2-4, 2018, and registration starts September 13. Here are the top three reasons why you should consider attending.
1. Spend time with your student
This is a great time to chance your student in their element! Ask them to show you around town, to meet their friends, or to see their favorite places. Try to see campus through their eyes. For a wide variety of activities to explore together, see the events schedule.
This is also a good opportunity to check-in with your student. How are they doing academically? Socially? How are they taking care of themselves? Talking with your student throughout the weekend may allow you to reinforce good habits and/or connect them to campus resources. Multiple student services including Financial Aid and University Career Center will host information sessions on Friday, You can attend sessions with your student or gather information to pass along to them.
2. Attend a U-M athletic avent
Join your student in the time-honored tradition of cheering on the Michigan Wolverines! You can practice the fight song and wear your best maize and blue gear to join in the spirit!
This year families have the opportunity to purchase tickets to attend:
- The men’s basketball preseason exhibition game on Friday, November 2. Tickets can be purchased through a link on the Parents & Family Weekend website.
- The football game vs Penn State on Saturday, November 3. Tickets can be purchased through the Parents & Family Weekend registration starting on Thursday, September 13 at noon EST. There is a non-refundable $50 registration fee for Parents & Family Weekend. These tickets are very limited, and families can purchase up to four football tickets on a first-come, first-served basis. If attending the football game is a priority for you, please consider purchasing tickets outside of Parents & Family Weekend registration, for example on the M Go Blue website.
- Other athletic events may be scheduled for that weekend, and details will be posted on the Parents & Family Weekend website.
3. Learn about your student’s academics
This weekend is a great opportunity to learn more about your student’s academic interests and program. You may be able to:
- Attend a reception or presentations to learn about the program and opportunities such as internships or studying abroad
- Take a tour of facilities or research labs
- Meet faculty and administrators and ask any questions
Please check the Friday schedule to see if your student’s school or college is hosting an event.
No matter your top reason, consider spending the weekend with us -- We look forward to seeing you!
For more information:
To help Student Life continue making a difference in students' lives, please consider making a gift.